Sunday, December 18, 2011

Dear Baby Soup: Week 36


Claire

Meaning: Clear, bright; famous
Origin: French
Alternate spellings: Clare, Clara, Clarabelle, Clarissa, Clarice
Claire, the French version of Latin Clara, means "clear, bright, famous." Clara was the more popular name for nearly a century, ranking in the top 15 between 1880 and 1899 and outranking its French sibling until the 1970s. While both versions are currently on the rise, Claire is keeping its lead on more-classic Clara.

How far along? 36 and 1 day {37 and 1 day according to our ultrasound} weeks

Maternity Clothes? Lately, since being on maternity leave, I find that I lounge around in my p.j.'s quiet a bit. They don't really fit over my belly but hang bellow it, exposing the midsection. Could be cute, maybe not, but I'm comfy. :)

Best Moment This Week: When my headaches went away a week after suffering with migraines.

Baby Movements: You are huge. You no longer really kick but roll and flop, just like I do while lying in bed.

Cravings: I haven't really had any this week.

 
Labor Signs: I feel as if I've been in prelabor all week. I have inconsistent pressure waves, depending on the day, the situation, etc. We'll find out later this week what progress I've made. :)

Belly Button Popped? Oh yeah...

What I Miss: My prepregnancy body.
 
What I'm Looking Forward To: Seeing you for the very first moment.
 
Weekly Wisdom To My Babe: I love you. I'm also scared. I'm doubting my ability to birth you as well as manage it all once Daddy works 3rd shift. I mean it, little one, I'm pretty scared of what the next month will hold for us. I pray about it and know the good Lord will provide. Let's work together and make it happen, k? :)

Weekly Milestone: You are full term! We could go any day now and I seriously believe it won't be much longer. You are big and you are ready. :)

Like this post? Vote for me!

2 comments:

Test said...

So awesome! I love pregnancy posts! For what it's worth, with my last pregnancy I had prelabor contractions (intense Braxton Hicks) for a week before I finally went into labor...at 37 weeks! I bake them at higher temps for shorter amounts of time ;)

Mya Maternity said...

Thanks for posting, I love reading them. Not too much longer now!

http://myamaternity.blogspot.com/