Saturday, December 17, 2011

While I Scrub The Toilet There's Only One Thing I Miss...




As I stood there scrubbing the toilet wondering why the males in my world could not possible sit down and save me the trouble of cleaning up stained pee spots, I realized what I'd been missing...my walks out in nature with my kids.

All of a sudden I no longer smelt urine and cleaner but the smell of the outdoors. I felt as peace and realized since being so far along in my pregnancy I hadn't had the opportunity to do much walking or real exercise. Just this morning, as I laid in bed half asleep, I began thinking about lacing up my running shoes and how great it will feel this coming Spring to go for my first run of the year, outside.

It's nice to know how much I enjoy nature and being a part of it. It gives me something to look forward to, to strive for when I get the chance. I hope I relish in the moment when I go out on my first walk with my new baby and Maddie, maybe Jeremy will even take his bike with us or possible go for a run on the trails.

It won't be long and until then maybe we'll take a short walk this afternoon, maybe it won't cause any pressure waves and we'll be able to enjoy the beauty of the outdoors.

Like this post? Vote for me!

1 comment:

Mya Maternity said...

Haha, don't you love cleaning toilets. I have a husband and two boys in the house so it really makes me mad cleaning the toilets.

That is great you are looking forward to running outside. I love to run and would definitely join you.

http://myamaternity.blogspot.com/