Monday, February 13, 2012

Motivated Monday: Craving Sweets and Coffee


Life has been a bit hectic with a 2 year old and a newborn. I was able to get a couple workout days in last week and felt really good about that. Sean came down with a cold, I slacked off my water, and my sleep schedule dwindled to nothing. To say the least, I've been emotional, depressed, satisfied, and feeling as if I'm living in survival mode.

I know it will change with time, Jacob will begin sleeping at night and my hormones will even themselves out, but for right now, I'm taking it moment by moment. The weather since Saturday has been freezing. I'd rather curl under the blankets all day than even step foot outside for a walk, and it's really showed...my mood has become a bit cold and withdrawn.

I really think it was my doctor appointment Friday that kind of kick me into the depressed butt. It seems my stitches are still hanging around and I'm not cleared for any type of real activities. I think it bummed me out. I tried to shift my focus to eating healthy and drinking plenty of water yet it seems all I crave is coffee and sweets. I am making a very healthy chicken stew tonight though and I'll be posting about it soon.

I guess I'll go pick my chin up and eat a pear or something til dinner. Races have started and I'm itching to move but I need to take my time and allow my body to heal. Til next time...

Like this post? Vote for me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you'll be running before you know it - are you cleared for walking??? Karen

Unknown said...

yep, walking is fine...I just get sore at the end of the day if I move too much.

Anonymous said...

hang in there - you will be healed and running soon Karen