Sunday, February 24, 2013

Mamavation Monday: Steppin' It Up With A Run

Mamavation Mondays

This past week has been exciting! I truly enjoyed my daily salads and since I've cut out the coffee creamer, I've seen a huge difference in my cravings and calories. I also went to the doctor last week and was pleasantly surprised to see I'd gained 12 pounds in the past 4 months. What the hell!!!!! Seriously!!! Yes.


So, I shared my concerns with my doctor and he said I needed to cut my calories to 1200 a day and exercise more. Ok. I'm also going back in two months to see if anything has changed or to see if maybe we need to look at my thyroid. Honestly, I'd love to pop a pill and shrink in size {thyroid meds} but it's really not all that easy and who said life had to be easy or fair? You just gotta do it, right? Right.


So, I've spent the last past couple of days trying out the 1200 calories and I'm happy to say it's pretty do able. If I keep my sugar intake low, exercise, eat my salads, and drink my water I actually can handle it. I mean, this is what I want...I want to be healthy and strong and so these are the things I need to do to make that happen.


Also, {and I love this} I had a great run this past Saturday where I worked on interval running. I'm currently on week 7 of the Couch to 5K which is pretty much 25 minute runs now, but I was a little disappointed in my run time so I thought I'd try some speed training. For three minutes I run close to my max {I'm still having to pace myself} and then for 2 minutes I back it down to a slow jog. I alternate between these speeds for the 25 minutes and it seems it averages out to an 11 minute mile...not bad and with time I'll keep speeding up.


Ok, so for this week's workouts:

Monday: C25K, 30 minute bike ride
Tuesday: 30 minute bike ride, Shed 5 Fast
Wednesday: C25K, 30 minute bike ride
Thursday: 30 minute bike ride, Shed 5 Fast
Friday: C25K, 30 minute bike ride
Saturday and Sunday: Free to do as I please!


And lastly, I'm so looking forward to the Mamavation 5K. I've been running most of my time on the treadmill so running outside will be a bit of a challenge, but I'm up for it! :) I hope you all had wonderful week and I look forward to reading about your success!!

Like this post? Vote for me! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post however , I was wondering if you could write a litte
more on this topic? I'd be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Cheers!

Also visit my webpage; job for stay at home mom