Sunday, April 14, 2013

Mamavation Monday: And I Almost Tried To Do It Without Coffee!

Wow, what a couple of weeks I've had! 

We are currently in negotiations for a home as well as I'm getting all kinds of paper work together for my new job. I'm stressed, but, I'm also having alot of fun.

Last weekend I ran the Color Me Chattanooga. It was a local Color Me Rad run to benefit children and adults with special needs. My family joined me for the event but I ran the race alone. However, I did run it with a couple hundred other, very enthusiastic, young people. They all seemed to enjoy being covered in colorful cornstarch...me, not so much. My lungs were actually burning the rest of the day after inhaling all that "love". Anyway, I ran a good 12 minute mile and finished it in 29 minutes. It wasn't a complete 5k but close to it. And, after finishing the run my husband shared that he'll run the next race with me...I then informed him that the next race was coming up in 2 weeks! That's right, it's a week away now and I'm starting to get excited!!

The Chickamauga Chase was the first 5k I ever ran back in 2010. I'm totally thrilled to experience the race again, along with my husband, but I'm so secretly crossing my fingers that my run time will be a couple minutes quicker. I do have to admit, when I do a run/walk program while on my runs my time has moved up from a 12 minute mile to a 10 and 11 minute mile. It's great to see progress!

And, starting tomorrow {Monday} I begin the Fast Metabolism Diet. I received this book last week and have finished it already. That's a huge feat in itself, I usually don't make it to the end of a book. I know, heart breaking to some of you book lovers out there {including my Hubs}. Anyway, the idea of this book is to eat particular food types through out the week to confuse the metabolism but also to eat large enough quantities to get out of the starvation mode. No more counting calories but instead revving up the metabolism to burn fat. 

So, there it is, a quick glimpse into my life. Below is the workout plan I'd like to follow this week, but I always tend to back it down the week before a race so I may only focus on a 3 day workout week. I hope you all having fun and making it happen!!

Workout Schedule:
Monday: Run
Tuesday: Run
Wednesday: Weight training
Thursday: Weight Training
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday: Yoga

This schedule is based on the recommendations of the Fast Metabolism Diet.

Like this post? Vote for me! 

7 comments:

Greta @gfunkified said...

It sounds like you've had a fun week! Great job on the running, and have fun with your husband on the next one!

Unknown said...

That books sounds like something I should read! Keep up the great work!!

ginabad said...

I'm doing that diet right now! I can honestly say the hardest part, for me, is giving up coffee. That, and the schedule, I'm not a schedule-type-of-gal! Good luck, the eating on it is ok, you can eat quite a lot and lose. I've just done week 1, lost about 4 lbs.
gina b
mom-blog

Laura said...

Sounds like you had a pretty good week! Color runs look like so mch fun but I have always wondered about breathing that stuff!

Hopefully your new diet plan works out... you'll have to keep us posted!

Good luck this week!
@SeeLauraRun
http://skinnypantsdreams.blogspot.com/

Pam Gordon said...

Good luck this week on your race, you will rock it!

Antionette Blake said...

Good luck, I wish I could run but my knees are shot!

Melis said...

Coffee is a must for every mom! Have fun! Also, I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. Blessings from a mom of four! Melissa

http://notyourordinarypsychicmom.blogspot.com/2013/04/happy-earth-day-i-was-nominated-for.html