Saturday, May 4, 2013

NOVICA: My Beaded Princes Art Tote Bag

I'm pretty picky when it comes to my handbags. I don't have dozens of them but the ones I do have took a great deal of concentration when it came to purchasing them. Also, I don't like to spend big bucks on my bags, so, when I was contacted by NOVICA about a product review, I was super excited about the opportunity to not only review a high quality handbag, for free, but to also support NOVICA,  "leading fair trade artisan websites that works with National Geographic to give talented artisans around the world a place to express their artistic talents and provide access to the world market." 

I must admit, the website features gorgeous products from all around the world. You can find unique gifts , jewelry, necklaces , religious gifts , and even sculpture gifts , all would make for a wonderful Mother's Day gift. 

Click to view a larger pictureI chose this gorgeous beaded Princess Art hand bag.  Bag info:

Bright flowers blossom in the emerald garden that adorns this tote bag. Wahyu Sulistiani uses traditional batik techniques with the Hokokai and Kembang sorepatterns. The florid hokakai motif was developed during the Japanese colonization of Java and has since remained a much favored motif. Kembang sore (evening flower) is the name of the princess who, according to legend, was the daughter of a hermit, and was famous for her batik art. The lined shoulder bag has one pocket inside and is decorated with golden beads. 

I must say, I am extremely happy with this tote. The design is lovely, the quality is amazing, and I truly feel it's a special piece of art. It's spacious, durable, and yet elegant. Overall, I believe NOVICA is an amazing site that offers outstanding items created by artists from around the world. Check out their curation website @ http://www.novica.com/curation to see many more wonderful items. 

I received this item in return for a product review. The opinions expressed in this this post are 100% honest and authentic.





Like this post? Vote for me! 

No comments: