Monday, May 26, 2014

{Review} PUR Gum: An Essential Ingredient To My Run

Never miss an update by Liking Carrigan's Joy on Facebook

One of the challenges I face as a runner is that of thirst. I typically map my runs out around water sources (water fountains, restrooms, or even the occasional stream....you seriously never know when you may need a drink). And when I think about running my half marathon in November, I get a little anxious of the idea of running 13 miles with a dry mouth. 


So that's why I've begun experimenting with different ways of keeping my mouth from becoming a pit of dried mucus: running with a water bottle (it kind of slows me down), a Fannie pack with water bottles (I'm sure it will take practice to run with water giggling on my hips), and then there's chewing gum. 


I've actually gotten pretty good with chewing gum and running. It's amazing how a small piece of gum can keep your mouth moist, as well as give you something to focus on rather than the screams coming from your butt muscles as you tackle a way too steep hill. 


And what better gum to chew than one that's actually good for you! We grown ups call this multi-tasking. PUR Gum is sugar and aspertaine free, a great alternative for Moms and/or runners who are trying to be more conscious of the toxins going into ours and our family's bodies. 


A bit about PUR Gum:
PÜR Gum has become the #1 selling chewing gum in the health food market worldwide. In 2010, 
PÜR Gum was created as an alternative to commercial varieties of gum that contain aspartame, and is available in 
Peppermint, Spearmint, Pomegranate Mint, Wintergreen, Cinnamon, and Coolmint. PÜR Gum is sugar-free, vegan, 
gluten-free, non-gmo, nut-free, dairy-free, diabetic friendly and Swiss Made.

PÜR Gum, the brand that has been kicking aspartame around the world is now spicing up the natural health market once more! Just in time for summer, PÜR Gum has revealed the newest members to its premium sugar and aspartame-free family, two mouth-watering flavors made with the highest quality ingredients and refreshing health properties. PÜR Cinnamon captures the perfect balance of hot and sweet sensations from nature’s very own cinnamon bark! Infused naturally, PÜR’s hottest flavor is bringing the heat this summer made with absolutely no artificial ingredients! PÜR Coolmint refreshes breath with a clean, crisp, and chilling flavor, with natural mint revitalizing senses for a refreshing and exhilarating experience. The two new flavors will be hitting retail shelves this May, 2014. 


 PÜR Gum is widely available at Health 
Food Stores, Whole Foods locations, Amazon.com, Sprouts, Meijer, Rexall, Sobeys, Jugo Juice and more than 10,000 
health-conscious retailers in 25 countries worldwide. For more information, please visit www.pur-gum.com.


Overall, my whole family enjoys this gum. We love the taste, I love the ingredients and the benefit that it gives to my running. Give PUR Gum a try and let me know which flavor becomes your all time favorite!



Support this post by Voting for me 


No comments: