Monday, May 11, 2009

Ohhhh, my body...

I'm amazed by the human body, especially the female kind. I realized today that while I'm running around like a chicken with its head cut off, my body is still busy doing what it does...getting ready to be pregnant again.

Yep, you guessed it, only 6 weeks after giving birth, WHILE NURSING, I'm beginning a new cycle. I mean come on, what am I to blame my emotions on now, PMS or post-partum? But then again, my 6 weeks are up so its must just be back to plain ol' crazy PMS. :)

I received a nursing booklet and read it the first week after Maddie's birth where it informed me that I should be infertile for about the first 6 months while nuring. I cant image how many women have read this and then ended up pregnant because of it.

Yes, it may happen for some, but this body of mine has no interest in NOT being fertile. :)

I have an appointment the first of June with my doctor. I cross my fingers and pray that our "little Shannon" will not pop up before then. :) Seriously. It's really scarey to me to be without some sort of hormonal/permanent birth control.

p.s. Papa, I hope you enjoyed this post. *hug*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Papa says abstinance