Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day: What It All Means

What Being a Mother Means To Me


It's waking up each night to comfort the small child I've asked to come into this world. I would hold Austin each night and rock him. I would share moments of "expeditions" {his words @ 3 years old, not mine}, and the love of dinosaurs, which included Barney. I watched him pick boogers and eat them, say the pledge in front of the PTA meeting with his class as he ended it with, "and now you may all be seated,' which then lead to the day I received news from the school that he was gifted...well, yeah, he could have told you that. :) My little boy is all grown up, graduating from high school this month. So, therefore, motherhood will again, experience another moment...letting go. To my boy, you've made me so proud, I love you, and thank you for being apart of my world.


Jeremy has brought patience to this Mother. What I have learned from this child...9 pounds baby boys love to eat every 2 hours, around the clock :), happy hair will always be in, the toothfairy will never die, and being on the sidelines, cheering you on as you play soccer is always cool in my book. I pray your life is filled with more success than challenges, but I know it's through those challenges that will define your character and build great strength within you. I pray you find the Lord and cling to him so tightly while sharing his love with others. Thank you, Jeremy, for keeping me on my toes and pushing me past points I didn't think I could make it past. :) I love you and am so proud of you....


Maddie is the baby and brought new life into our family. She was born after my Mom passed away and really helped me to take my focus off my grief and put it into her life. She is 2 and amazing. She's allowed me to shift my parenting style and really bring into play all the things I've learned about child development and growth.  Thank you, Maddie, for being you, for being a part of our family, and for making life fun again.

I'll be thinking about my Mom today as I head to church, enjoy a brunch with family, and ending the day with simply relaxation. I'll remember all the times we laughed and all the wise advice she passed on to me. I know you're proud Mom, and I want you to know, I'm just as proud of you for all you accomplished: your faith in the Lord, your strength, and your compassion. I know we're different Mothers but without you, I'd never be the Mother I am today.

Happy Mother's Day....

Like this post? Vote for me!

4 comments:

Shelby said...

Stopping by from the blog hop and a new follower. Love your mother's day post. Would love if you could check out my new blog.

http://thesnailmomchronicles.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

beautifully said :) happy mother's day Karen

Show Me Mama said...

You have such a beautiful family. Happy Mother's Day to you. I am your new follower. You can visit me at http://showmemama.com. Make sure you leave a comment so I know you visited.

Have a great weekend
ShowMeMama

Unknown said...

What an accomplishment! Applauding for you! Great article about
Mom's Day! Thanks for following my blog!