Monday, June 22, 2009

Oh, my belly hurts!

I've been off work for 15 weeks now and what a blessing its been.

I return back to work next Monday, only 7 days from today, and my stomach is so torn up over it. I actually couldnt sleep last night thinking about the fact that I'd be going back.

First of all, I love my job. I get so much satisfaction from working with those kids. I've seen babies make milestones that no one thought would be possible. :) However, I've also seen several babies go back to be with God.

Siskin is an amazing school, and I am so grateful to be working there. I just cant believe my time with Maddie will be over. No, no, no, I should view it a different way. Our lives are just changing. I'll get to share Madison with all those people I love at work. I know I'll hear stories all day from the therapists who go into her room, and I'll be able to play with her on the playground, twice a day, and I can even see her on my lunch break.

Oh, but still, I have truly enjoyed this time off. :)

Thursday is graduation day and I'll be going to see all my kids do their little performance. :) Hopefully, just being back there will relieve some of this anxiety.

2 comments:

Mellissa said...

Oh hon, that is so hard! It's never long enough with the babies at home, is it? My heart is aching for you. At least you will know where she is every day and the people she is with. I am having issues with our day care right now and I spent all last week just sick about it. I will be praying for peace for you. I know I don't have to tell you to soak up each second! hugs!!

Unknown said...

thank you, Mellissa, and I'll be praying about your situation as well :).