Thursday, July 9, 2009

Day 1 of 10

Well, the day was long and its just about finished.

These two classes are pretty hectic and I'm already overwhelmed with everything, but, I think I'll make it through.

Maddie did fine without seeing me today. I was able to pick her up around 3:00 which is our normal time to leave. I did have some issues with pumping today. It seems lefty doesnt want to give up anything while out in public. I really wish all public buildings had a nice, cozy nursing room provided for the public. I actually ended up, shamefully, in the bathroom to pump my milk. I really thing psychologically if I cant relax then I'm not gonna be able to provide enough milk to maintain Maddie's feeding schedule. I might half a formula and milk bottle tomorrow for school to see how she does. 1/3 of my saved supply is gone and if she's drinking 4 bottles while at school and I'm only able to pump 2 a day, well then, I'm gonna run out soon enough. Next month we start cereal so maybe that will slow the supply down. We shall see.

3 comments:

Mellissa said...

Try this herbal supplement for lacation: Nursing Support lactation Blend by Vitanica. I got it from my midwife. It will help out your supply so you can pump enough for Maddie. I cannot tell you how many times I have pumped in my car. It's more relaxing than a bathroom for sure! I feel your pain! Hope the supplement works for you, it's magical I tell ya!

Mellissa said...

p.s. also be sure you are eating roughly 70 grams of protein a day too. hugs!!!!! and prayers for energy to you!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Mellissa, for the supplement info. I'll definitly check that out.

And on the protien note, I'll break my eggs back out and start eating them. Thats how I ensured my protein levels while I was pregnant.