Monday, August 17, 2009

I am just completely heartbroken

I'm not sure what to think at the moment.


Sean is still working and Maddie is sleeping.


I received an email earlier today that has me a bit sad, but I dont think thats played too much into this moment.


Ever since Maddie has been at school, her teachers, my co-workers make comments about me holding my baby all day and that all she does is cries/fusses. I have the happiest baby I know and yet, it doesnt seem that way when she's at school.


I had my boss ask me in a private, family meeting for one of my students, as I was getting up to leave, she asked me some soothing techniques for Maddie. I was shocked. What? And then there again, she mentions me holding her all day. I went out and bought her a pacifier because they thought it might be a good idea to help her calm down. She took it all weekend and did great and then today at school, there again, I get comments about not picking her up when I'm on my lunch break and in there pumping. A co-worker even told me to find a new day care. Yeah, she was joking but I'm not so sure its wouldnt be the best thing to do.


I dont even want to go to work tomorrow because I'll have to deal with it all. What should I do?

2 comments:

Mellissa said...

Keep loving your baby the way you know how to. There is no such thing as "spoiled" by being loved too much! She is probably not thrilled because she has gotten used to momma and being with momma all the time. That is NOT a bad thing!!!! She will take some time, but she will get used to new people and the new experience of day care. I am the same way with G. He is thrilled and happy with me and then he has complete melt down days at daycare (and it's one on one!), it's just not Mom! keep your chin up. Praise people for what they are doing to try to help and care for your child. Ask Sean what he does to calm her, those things generally work for our daycare (the daddy stuff). And I will keep you all in my prayers!

Unknown said...

*hug* thanks, Mellissa