Saturday, October 3, 2009

I dont have time to be sick!

I was to be at work right now. Instead I'm sitting here *coughing*, *waiting*, and feeling drained.

I dont have time to be sick! I have tons of things to get done at work!

The appointment this morning:
Doc: we dont take this insurance
Me: Ok, then how much is it without insurance?
Doc: $62, but it can get pricing with testing
Me: ok
Doc: what's going on?
Me: sore throat, hard to breath, ear hurts some
Doc: its gonna get too expensive to test for the flu, strep...
*I interupt*
Me: I dont have the flu. I dont have strep. I'm not running a fever. It's just hard for me to breath and mainly at night.
Doc: well then, I'm gonna need to refer you out. You need to go to the ER or maybe Physicans Care.
Me: I'm not going to the ER
I smile and walk out....

I go by Physicans Care and there are at least 25 zombies lined up outside the door. I park, walk up to the line, and stand behind a woman zombie who's decided to smoke. Well, what can I say, she is outside, right? But in my head I'm screaming, "I cant breath, Lady! Please, I'm dying here!!!" I smile at her. :)

I get back in my car to call Maddie's pedi to see what over the counter meds I can take while breastfeeding. I'm on hold for 15 minutes. I hang up and go inside to a pharmacy instead. I pick up Mucinex, and the woman at the register hopes I feel better soon. I try to convience her that I just sound bad, as she tries not to touch my hand while handing me the receipt. I smile and walk away.

Greg calls me to inform me that he's taking Jeremy to the doctor and then wants to drop him off afterwards so he can make a vols game. We argue. I drive home. Sean and Maddie are now at the Verizon store since Sean's phone is broken.

I should be at work, but I'm not. My kids, my husband, and even my healthy have come first, yet I'm not happy about it. I feel unproductive. Please, Lord, give me the peace I need as I turn this all over to you. Heal my body. Protect my kids. Help my husband make the right financial decisions. And help me to understand work can always wait.

No comments: