Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I'm doing alright...

I'm a very opinionated person, I must say, and yet, I'm learning to keep my mouth shut.

I've really stepped out into this mommy world and have been reading up on alot of profiles, blogs, and what-nots, and the most amazing thing about it is that we all do it differently. What I feel, I feel with a passion and sometimes I just want to be like, "why dont you think about this for a moment? Why dont you reconsider what youre doing??" But, instead, I smile, nod, and move on.

My pregnancies, my births, my life is just that, mine, and to think that everyone should live it the way I do, well, is wrong. I'm happy I have my memories and experiences that are just mine. Not everyone can say they did it the way I did or the way I'll be doing it, and in a sense, that's what makes me, me, and even gives a uniqueness to the whole family.

Will my kids be hippies? (inside joke with DH) I dont know, but maybe they will be a little more tolerant of differences than I once was :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean and I am opinionated too but I don't mind listening to other people's opinions and ideas, in fact I welcome it. If someones got a better way of doing something, let me know I will give it a try. Now I might not like it and go back to my way, but I'll try. Change doesn't bother me. I guess I believe if people are blogging they don't mind reading opposing ideas (as long as they written respectfully) but maybe I'm wrong and they do mind. But why then do they allow people to comment. Just thoughts. I don't always keep my mouth shut either :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, that was me - Karen

Unknown said...

I think mine goes to the idea that I think the way I live is the only way to live, ya know?

Say someone's pregnant and they do something that I feel is harmful to her baby. Thats what's happened and I really couldnt think of a way to be nice about it so I just shut my mouth and moved on. I did a great deal of research when I was pregnant with Maddie, and yet, some of the things I read about arent all that popular with most people.

I dont know. I speak up most of the time, but this time I didnt. I guess it also comes down to the fact that if people dont want to research about things then they dont have to. It's their life, their babies' lives and I should just keep to my own business at times. :)

But yeah, I agree, most people wouldnt mind a differing opinion.

Anonymous said...

Well said. Karen