Saturday, October 10, 2009

Un-Natural

I just need one more moment on the shots topics.

My baby is 6 months old and within the last 4 months she has been exposed to several different diseases:
Polio
Hepatitis B
Hemophilius Influenzae Type b (Hib)
Pneumococcal Conjugate (protecting against 7 out of 91 strains of pneumococcal bacteria)
Diphtheria
Tetanus
Pertussis

Now, I opt out of the Rotavirus vaccine, but overall Maddie's body thinks it has already, at the age of 6 months, faught off 7 different deadly diseases. Wow, it seems the purpose of life is simply to fight to live.

I know we're lucky that now most of our population doesnt and wont suffer from these diseases, but it still feels unnatural to me, and youre right, no, I'd rather Maddie, Jeremy, and Austin never encountered these diseases in their natural form, this just seems to be one of those hard Mommey Moments for me.
Post a Comment