Saturday, November 14, 2009

Making Our Way To Family

So, life has been a bit busy at the moment, and I'm still trying to figure out how to balanace it all. Therefore, when I spoke to my aunt yesterday, after returning her call, I find out we're to meet tomorrow (today) in Nashville to support my nephew in his Tae Kwon Do competition.

Now, mountains and I don't mix and to get to glorious Nashville, there is a HUGE, GINORMOROUS, and that is the new vocab. word for the day, not even knowing if I'm spelling it correctly, mountain in the way. So, I asked hubby if he would mind coming and being the head guy driver. He drives to Nashville every Monday so it's a piece of cake for him.

And now, as I'm sitting here typing I'm thinking of the 10's of thousands of things that need to be done before we leave out, but, overall I'm super excited to be able to spend the day with the family. Everyone will be there, well, except for Papa, but everyone else! :)

Of course neither one of my boys want to go. I understand Austin, he's 16, but I'm not sure Jeremy actually understands who all will be there or what we're even going to. I'll have to explain it all a bit more to the poor kid. He tends to just get thrown into things with no explanations. What a terrible parent I can sometimes be. :)

So, I hope you have a brightly colored, joyous day and when I get back I'll be posting pics of our great adventure.

Also be on the look out for some new traditions starting this year. If you have any traditions you'd like to share, I'd love to hear them. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every year at Christmas time we all come together, and make ginger bread houses out of pure sugar, and food. We team up with a team mate, and we use cereal, pretzels, candy, icing, Golden Graham's for shingles. We use all types of candy, and food coloring to dye the icing. Its a blast and at the end we have someone judge whose the best. Its messy, but all the kids love it. :) That's one of our traditions..

Anonymous said...

The More Creative you can get the better. We added a swimming pool, tree's, a front porch, and all kinds of stuff.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming to Nashville for the day and tell Sean thanks so much for being a part of it too! I love and miss you so much and today was so nice!!!!!!! love, tiff ( i would have posted under my name but i caint remember my password)