Thursday, November 12, 2009

To My Husband

I know I don't tell you often enough how much I appreciate you. I know I criticize too much, my moods swing in every way, and I even create drama in my own head that ends up causing me to be upset
with you, but I love you.

Yes, I even adore you. And when my mouth begins to run off with no stopping, and my tone turns evil, please, just block it out, forgive me, and know thats it's only fear that's speaking.

I knew from the moment I met you that I wanted you to always be apart of my life, and I am so grateful each day that God allowed it to happen.

I'm not sure what our story will sound like when you finally tell it to Maddie, but I know your words will carry love, and you'll give me a little wink, to which I'll blow you off and tell her something completely different.

Oh, your baby girl loves you so much. You know that though, don't you? :) When I say home and she says, "Dada," well, it's very simple, you're just awesome.

Did I thank you for the dinners this week? And for the baby gate? Even when something doesn't seem to work, you come up with another idea that makes even more sense. Thank you for sharing your life with me.

I do love you. I do appreciate you.

5 comments:

Mellissa said...

Lucky, nay, blessed family to have so much love between Mom and Dad!

Anonymous said...

Beautifully said. Karen

Unknown said...

He gets up in the morning and reads my blog and I wanted him to have a note. :)

Mellissa said...

what a sweet way to leave a love letter, a public declaration of our failings and the love we have! I love that idea! Nice!!!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!