Friday, November 27, 2009

Thankful Thursday...Just A Day Late :)

Just needing to take a moment and be grateful for this amazing life God has given me:

I am a mother of three amazing kids. And, its through God and my family that my life has been touched so deeply. Each child has brought joy and laughter into my life. Being a mom at 16 was an interesting moment in time. I am so grateful that my parents always put education at the forefront of my life. Even with the obstacle of raising a child, my parents took on the financial responsibility which allowed me to stay in school, graduate, and continue on to college. I am so blessed to have had, and to still have the opportunity to continue with my education.

Back to my oldest son, Austin, who has indeed helped to center my life. Without him a piece of this family would have been missed. I am so grateful that my mother was able to spend time with her grandson; that they were able to build memories together.

I was graduating from college when I had my second son, Jeremy, who is also pictured above, and I feel as if I was just a vessel for him, and that he entered this world arms wide open saying, "come on life, I want it all!" I've never been able to keep up with him and nor do I ever think I possibly will. He is an untamed spirit with a big smile on his face.

And now to Maddie, the youngest, and probably the last. She came at a time in my life when I needed new breath. Since the passing of my mom, I've sat in my own sorrow, not fulling participating in life, but counting the days til it was all over. Don't get me wrong, I've had plenty of happy days, but truly, I never got over the pain of losing her, until Maddie changed my world. God sent her to soften my heart and bring joy back into the every day moments of life. This is the 4th Thanksgiving and Christmas without my mother and for the first time in 3 years I'm actually excited about the holidays. I'm excited about sharing them with family. I'm no longer jealous of others who still have mothers to hug, but I'm standing strong and searching for ways to be a better mother myself.

Again, I have been greatly blessed and I am so thankful that God gave me one more chance to wake up and see all that I've been given. Happy Belated Thanksgiving and now A Merry Christmas to you all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes Toni I'm thankful that you and Theresa came into my life 21 yrs ago.
love you
Papa

Unknown said...

:)

Anonymous said...

You know you truly have a wonderful gift ~ your writing is deeply expressive and beautiful! Have a great day! Karen