Friday, January 29, 2010

I've Just Become A Paid Mommy Blogger


If you'll look to the right you'll notice an ad. Yep, that's right ladies and gents, Carrigan's Joy is officially selling ad space now.

I was recently approached by a company wanting to place a text ad on my page...with payment. I was shocked and over joyed at the same time, and then I was stressed. I couldn't sleep for two nights straight thinking about this. First off they wanted to know how much I charged and secondly they wanted to know if I was interested, or vice-versa, but you get the point.



I'm all about giving my all, giving my best, and when someone approaches me in regards to money for a service, well, I feel as if a job well done is the only job to pay for, but wait, excuse me, what type of job was I doing just by blogging?? It's what I do, it's what I enjoy! Do you see where my stress comes in? I actually felt guilty in some odd way for taking money for doing what I love. I know, really odd.



I thought about it for a couple of days. I googled it and looked around at others' prices. I prayed about it. I even wondered what Jesus would do in regards to it. I certainly didn't want to get sucked into this idea that my blog could make me money and set me up, rich, high in the sky, enjoying life in a crazy money hungry way, but seriously, I could do for a few extra bucks. And, after all my thinking, and another email from the company, I decided to go ahead and give it a try.



And so it's done. For the next 3 months that little ad will sit on my page, possibly getting some hits from curious readers, or possibly not, either way I have stepped out into another realm, wondering what this new avenue has in store for me. :)
Post a Comment