Friday, January 29, 2010

I've Just Become A Paid Mommy Blogger


If you'll look to the right you'll notice an ad. Yep, that's right ladies and gents, Carrigan's Joy is officially selling ad space now.

I was recently approached by a company wanting to place a text ad on my page...with payment. I was shocked and over joyed at the same time, and then I was stressed. I couldn't sleep for two nights straight thinking about this. First off they wanted to know how much I charged and secondly they wanted to know if I was interested, or vice-versa, but you get the point.



I'm all about giving my all, giving my best, and when someone approaches me in regards to money for a service, well, I feel as if a job well done is the only job to pay for, but wait, excuse me, what type of job was I doing just by blogging?? It's what I do, it's what I enjoy! Do you see where my stress comes in? I actually felt guilty in some odd way for taking money for doing what I love. I know, really odd.



I thought about it for a couple of days. I googled it and looked around at others' prices. I prayed about it. I even wondered what Jesus would do in regards to it. I certainly didn't want to get sucked into this idea that my blog could make me money and set me up, rich, high in the sky, enjoying life in a crazy money hungry way, but seriously, I could do for a few extra bucks. And, after all my thinking, and another email from the company, I decided to go ahead and give it a try.



And so it's done. For the next 3 months that little ad will sit on my page, possibly getting some hits from curious readers, or possibly not, either way I have stepped out into another realm, wondering what this new avenue has in store for me. :)

7 comments:

Shannon said...

So if we click on the ad do you get paid more? I'm all about spreading the wealth!

Anonymous said...

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest! Congrats on starting to monetize your blog!

Anonymous said...

Toni, Congrats to you! It really is something to be proud of. You deserve to earn a little ad money, you really do.
It does not matter if you are getting paid for doing something you love...isn't that what many people wish for in their career? Doing something they love? You are a good writer with great content and I think you should be proud of your accomplishment!
Hooray! :)

Unknown said...

Shannon, lol, I do not get paid per click...but thanks so much for offering to help out!!

The Local Cook, thanks for stoppin' by!

Christine, thanks so much for your words! You're right, it is nice to get paid for doing what you love. :)

Anonymous said...

One thing to remeber is you will need to claim this income on your taxes - because you don't want to be audited. Karen

Unknown said...

Karen, yes it's through paypal and it is documented as income for taxes through them. :)

Anonymous said...

What a great resource!