Friday, January 29, 2010

Snowing

Well, it's here, the snow made it and it's getting big. My work didn't close today so I worked til around 2:30, not happy about it since it had been snowing for several hours before I left.

I called my husband on the way home, around 3:00, and told him he needed to come on home, that the roads near the house were turning into slush. At 4:00 he calls me to tell me he's stuck about 25 minutes from the house. It seems the roads were shutting down.

He parked his work van in a parking lot and headed out to walk to Greenlife. I had mentioned to him when he called and said he was stuck, to not get his feet wet. He called while walking and said the first thing he managed to do when getting out of the van, was to step in a big puddle of water. He's now been walking for 20 minutes and still isn't there. I asked how his feet were. "Good," he says, "I can't feel them at all." :)

I've been watching the cars/SUV's try to make it up and down our hill outside my house. Some make it, some don't, but no matter what, they all slide.

Lord, just get Sean home safely, please, and be with the others who are out stuck in this weather.

2 comments:

Mellissa said...

Oh ugh! So not fun! Praying for safe, numb feet to arrive at your place soon. Be safe, stay in!

Unknown said...

Mellissa,
It took him 3 hours but he finally got home. :) Thanks for the prayers!!