Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My Baby Girl

My baby girl is 10 months old today. I can't believe how quickly this time has flown by. I can't believe how big she is. :) Her dad and I are the center of her world right now, and yet, I'll glance over at her sometimes and realize that there will come a time when she'll want others besides us, and my heart aches a bit.

I never thought my kids would want or need anything other than me in their lives, yeah, I know, I was a fool on that one. It's inevitable that we all grow up and grow away from our parents, but it certainly isn't easy on a moms side. :)

I've finally learned that great lesson, to cherish all these moments, the same way it says Mary stored all those memories with her son, Jesus. I just love that. Wow, so sorry I darted off on that one, but Christ is a part of my constant world and so it's not unusual for me to relate to the things I've read.

And, speaking of the Lord, Sean left a fortune cookie saying in the my laptop the other day, "God looks after you especially." It sits nicely in between my number keys so it can be read easily. Seriously, I didn't mean for this to jump on a Jesus band wagon, but maybe that's where it should lead anyway. The good Lord told me I'd become pregnant with Maddie, it was placed on my heart months before it happened, and He's carried us through this whole way. I definitly should be thanking Him for these past 10 months and all He has given this family.

*smiles* God is good, and I am blessed beyond belief.

3 comments:

Wylie @ Shout A Joyful Noise! said...

Yes,tell of His Mighty acts! You are blessed!!!
Wylie

Anonymous said...

God indeed gets the glory! Karen

Tammy said...

10 months...it goes so fast doesn't it? My baby just turned 7 years old on Sunday...it went by so fast! Just came over from MBC and became a follower. Have a great day!