Thursday, March 25, 2010

So Much To Do!

Maddie's birthday is this coming Saturday! My baby girl will be a year old. I can't believe how fast this year has flown by. :)

We've decided to cook out at our local downtown park, inviting friends and family to bring their favorite side dishes, with blankets laid out for picnic style munching. :) I've got a few toys for the older kids, some kites and games, and bubbles gallore.

So, this week is about getting everything in order to sit down and relax, celebrating Maddie's first year of life. :) Oh, and I can't wait to see what she does with some paint and canvas. We plan on having her paint a canvas each year on her birthday and then hanging them up around her room or the house. I'm so excited to see what she'll come up with. :)

On the work out note, everything is going well, I'm walking for 3 minutes and running for 5 for a good 45 minutes now. It hurts. I want to stop, but I always keep going. Today is day 40 and I've removed 10 pounds and several inches. I'm very happy with the program, but, well, it's a workout and it's hard. :) I've also discovered running on the treadmill is much easier than running on a sidewalk. The treadmill at least pulls you along while running outdoors, you truly must move your own body weight. I look forward to the day when this body weight is much easier to move. :)

Happy Thursday, Love!

4 comments:

Aleksandra Nearing said...

Enjoy the first birthday celebration! I remember my daughter's first birthday fondly. Crazy to think she's heading toward her third :)

Anonymous said...

wish I could be there for her B'day party. hope to celebrate it later with ya'll
love you Papa

Mellissa said...

Arrgghhh! Crap! I wish I would have known about your painting on canvas idea each year! I love it!!! What a great idea. What a wonderful journey you have all had this past year. A very happy 1st birthday to Maddie! Congrats to you too on your spectacular running! Keep it up hon!

Anonymous said...

Happy 1st Birthday to Maddie!
That is so exciting and I can't wait for you to post some pics of the big event:)
Have a great day!