Thursday, March 25, 2010

What I've Learned From Running

Day 40

The things I've learned from running:

1. Running changes your life, completely.

2. Running can become your obsession.

3. Running on a treadmill is nothing compared to running outside, on pavement.

4. I am forever evolving, growing, and learning as I run.

5. Running does massive amounts of changes to your body and quickly.

6. When you feel as if you wanna give up and never run again, your feet start moving, your arms sway, and your breath falls into rhythm...you just run.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

About 10 years ago, I was really into running. I can attest to the fact that a treadmill is nothing like the outdoors; it'll do, but not the same.
And I also agree about the changes to your body...I was never so fit as when I ran. That's the only reason I'd take it up again...not so much for the health of it, but the vanity within. I loved being that fit!
Congrats, again, to you for making an awesome life-change. I am happy that you've found something so enjoyable and healthy!!

Annie said...

I have never been able to run. I try and get super tired too quickly, I am just way out of shape!

I know I need to start out slow and work myself up to it....but until we put a path on our 20 acres of land I won't be running....we are a 10 minute drive from any sidewalks and our land is so woody it is nearly impossible to run.

But I get my exercise by dancing with my 2.5 year old daughter every day! We have dance parties and that is so much fun!