Monday, August 16, 2010

Trials of A Working Mom

I feel like a horible mother today.

My baby is going back to the doctor to see if her blood count is down and I won't be there with her. I've taken all my allowed 8 unplanned absences for the year with work. I won't have another until October.

I feel as if I'm choosing my job over my baby, and yet, her dad will be with her and I'm pretty sure she'll be just fine. And I know in my heart, if anything does happen, I'll never think twice about which to choose.

I held her close all night and prayed her body has healed. She's now waking up, tearfully, so I'm gonna go, and be a momma. :)

2 comments:

Aleksandra Nearing said...

I feel that way when I leave my child sick with her daddy...I want to me the one taking care of her! My husband's awesome and I'm so grateful for him...but I'm her mommy :( Sometimes I just can't get off work.

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I would want to be with my child too - sorry. Karen