Sunday, January 9, 2011

The News

Today's Blog Dare focuses on the news, what you watch, what you don't, yada, yada, yada.

On my maternity leave, which consisted of 16 weeks, I lived by CNN. I loved it. And, so happily, my gym currently offers a CNN channel...I'm in heaven. :)

I'm not saying I enjoyed all the stories featured, all the time, but I was drawn to whatever was going on in the world. I was impressed with myself that 1. I actually cared and 2. that I was actually learning, which really just means I felt like a grown up. :)

Weird how we have certain schemas, and that my idea of being grown up is 1. saving money and 2. watching the news. :)

In my past, which is my 2nd marriage, my husband and I did watch the local news every day, however, I found it to be quiet depressing. We heard about all the murders, the bank robbing, the floods, the unemployed, yada, yada, yada, nothing that really encouraged me to keep living...ok, my life doesn't revolve around the positivity of the world, but you get my point, sometimes I was just tired of all the negativity and a nice sit-com eased my nerves a bit more than the local news. Sadly.

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments: