Monday, February 28, 2011

Playing In The Park: Family Exercise

I must admit, I've always been highly aware of what my kids eat, how much activity is in their day, and the what-not.  I feel as a parent it's my responsibility to ensure my kids are taught about good nutrition and daily exercise. I try to be a model of my ideas, yet I do fall short at times {I'm still not my ideal weight} but I want them to feel as if their childhood held lots of good foods {fruits and veggies} and lots of running and playing. :)

My mother always told me, you change the world one person at a time, so I want to leave with my kids, the tools they need to make a difference and an educated decision on how to live their lives.

So, when the sun starts shinning, it's time for some outside fun. Yesterday, Maddie and I met up with some friends at the park for a playdate and walk. We had a blast. Maddie played on the playground for a bit and then we pulled out the strollers and enjoyed a nice walk around the river. There's simply nothing better {IMO} than enjoying some sort of fitness with your kids.

What about You? What do you enjoy doing with your kiddos??


Photobucket 

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

1 comment:

annies home said...

playing in the park is so fun we did our share of this when mine were younger and now we do this with our grandkids

I am your newest follower find my blog at annies home located at http://shopannies.blogspot.com