Sunday, June 5, 2011

Jumping On The Vomit Train


I'd read that ginger is really helpful in combating morning sickness, and that after using it for a couple of days, symptoms have been known to actually disappear. I gave it a shot. I drank ginger and lemon tea as well as ginger ale for several days straight. I went from dry-heaves, nauseated all day to feeling great with only small bouts of nausea when my stomach was empty. 

And, after a week of having almost no consistent morning sickness I awake this morning to vomit my brains out. I actually had tears streaming down my face the convulsions were so strong. There was nothing on my stomach except water and stomach acid so that return of it all has only left me with a burning throat, congested nasal passages, and the desire to NEVER live through that again.

I've read morning sickness is associated with smell and that the more intense your sniffer is the more likely you are to suffer from the pukes. I must say, I awoke late last night to an odd smell that I heard myself mutter, "lemon-grass." It's the all-natural bug spray we use in the house. We've had an ant issue in the kitchen and so I'm assuming my husband decided to spray down some areas with the spray last night and the smell was still lingering this morning. I think maybe this is the problem; I'd been taunted by the smell all night to only walk directly into the room this morning. Poor guy, he was only trying to help, and instead I'll have to blab off at the mouth once he wakes up about the fact that we will NOT be using that spray anymore while I'm carrying this child. THE END. Hell actually broke loose and tried to use my stomach as a gateway to all evil. We must contain it and ensure the human race is safe from it's exposure and that this Momma remains happy and puke free for the next 7.5 to 8 months.


Like this post? Vote for me!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry Toni ~ Karen

Katherines Corner said...

Ginger saved me . I ate ginger cookies, drank ginger tea and drank ginger ale too. Hang in there. Hugs

BrendaC said...

Hope it gets better for you,I am your newest GFC follower from the Sunday hop and would love if you dropped by my blog at WV Stitcher . Have a great week!

lorialcorn2006 said...

I'm following you from the Sunday hop hope you can follow me to , you have a really nice blog I only hope I can do as well on mine as time goes on I do reviews for books,beauty products,,household products and fashion as well as contests and insiders group invites
lorialcorn2006@yahoo.com
http://lorialcorn2006.blogspot.com/
thanks Lori :)

Stephanie said...

Ug..I'm so sorry to hear that. My nose was super powerful err sensitive when I was on the vomit train too! I just kept telling myself, it must mean I was creating a super strong babe:)

Onlythemanager said...

My heart goes out to you. I loved being pregnant, but I was sick all the way through with all three babies. I'm talking sick enough to need IV fluids. My youngest is almost 18 and things are different now. Hopefully the ginger will get you back on track. If not, please see your doctor and maybe talk about Zofran. I've given that a lot to chemo patients and it was cleared for use in pregnancy. I've seen young moms get lots of help from it.

Katie @ Chicken Noodle Gravy said...

Boo for morning sickness! And just the other day we were celebrating no morning sickness. Bad bug spray, very bad!

BIKBIK AND RORO said...

I've just discovered your lovely blog! and I wanted to give you a hug of sympathy re your horribel morning sickness. it's not fun, trust me I know :) popsicles were my personal relief, and the blessed assurance that "this too shall pass"! hang in there :D

Susi said...

Oh goodness, that sounds awful. I remember. colleague of mine who also was very nauseated during her first pregnancy and once had to go lie down on the couch in the patient TV room. That was when I found out she was pregnant, lol!