Friday, October 7, 2011



The two documentaries, Forks Over Knives and Food Inc have left a lasting impression on the way I view food and it's purpose in my life. 





The feature film Forks Over Knives examines the profound claim that most, if not all, of the degenerative diseases that afflict us can be controlled, or even reversed, by rejecting our present menu of animal-based and processed foods.



Food, Inc. exposes America's industrialized food system and its effect on our environment, health, economy and workers' rights.

I am now in the process of re-evaluating my lifestyle and food choices. I've already made the claim of wanting to include more organic foods into my {and my family's} diet but now I'm taking a look into whole foods, clean foods, and even vegetarian dishes. I understand changes take time and through education and planning, it's possible to make healthy choices that will impact our health in the long run.

Plus I'm growing a little baby in my belly and who wouldn't want to give a child the best possible nutrients available? I mean, I'm laying the ground work here for cell and brain development...what a huge responsibility. :)

What about you? What are your go to foods? Have you recently made any food changes?





Like this post? Vote for me!

3 comments:

Live Laugh Love said...

Hello my name is Tara. I am a new follower on your blog would love if you could follow me back. Thanks!

Tara

Stephanie said...

Oh I too am starting to introduce more organic foods. I know I don't put enough thought into where my food comes to and I need to!

Onlythemanager said...

Do you follow my daughter's blog, http://maria-rose.blogspot.com/ ? She and her husband are vegans, raising a cute little 2yr old vegan. She is a good source of information and loves to tell others about her choice.