Saturday, January 14, 2012

Well, We Made It: 40 Weeks!


Well, here it is, a date I've waited 9/10 long months for, a date that I'd never think I'd see still pregnant. :) I awoke this morning to celebrate this day with morning sickness. It's been happening lately...I had hoped 2012 wouldn't see me standing at my mirror, puking but hopes are just wishful thinking at times. No biggie.

I had a doctor appointment yesterday. He was very relaxed. He said the baby seemed very happy, he/she even gave him a little kick while he had his hand on my belly. I was between 3.5 and 4 cm, still 50% effaced, and the baby was still a bit high. I expressed my concerns about the size and he assured me that the baby's head wasn't large and that it may not even be a 9 lb baby. Maddie had a small head...I remember being so grateful for that after I birthed her. :) My boys tend to have larger heads and broad shoulders.

My fingers and feet are swelling now. It didn't start til this last week, and I think my face is a little fuller, too. My blood pressure was up just a tiny bit, 134/86, it's the first time it's gotten out of the 70's. I can't wait to start running again and enjoying that 50 beats per minutes heart rate. 

Anyway, if nothing happens before next week we're scheduled to go in Wednesday, Jan. 18, 9:00 am to start an induction. And, if the hospital is full that day then we'll go in at midnight, after they've let a couple families check out, and we'll begin then...which will actually be my aunt's 60th birthday. What a gift, huh? :)

I'm really trying to remain positive about it all, I mean, what else can I do? Maybe we'll celebrate today with a cupcake and playground time, that always seems to brighten my day. :) And maybe Maddie and I can make Claire a little gift for when she does arrive. :) Yeah....

Like this post? Vote for me! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds good - can't wait to meet the little one Nonna

momto8 said...

my 8 babies were all 2 wks late! good luck!! and hang in there. I am your newest follower pls follow back before the baby..haha