Sunday, January 15, 2012

What To Do On Your Due Date Besides Have A Baby



I'll admit it, I'm down, I'm pouty, I'm feeling sorry for myself that I'm still not holding my baby in my arms. But hold on, I am so grateful for still being pregnant, for being pregnant with a healthy, happy baby. I am so grateful that we've had to make no emergency visits to the hospital and that we're simply just waiting.

So, how did I spend my due date? Trying to enjoy myself. :) After we ran by and picked up a borrowed bassinet, we swung by Target for much needed supplies: toilet paper, toothpaste, and art supplies :)






Then it was to the park for swing time!




And then a quick stop off at the store for munches: salads, sandwiches, chicken salad, pasta salad, and of course CUPCAKES!




And then at some point it was time to break out the art supplies and enjoy a bit of painting. :)



While lastly we created a few little gifts for the baby and placed them above the changing table. As I woke up through out the night I would look over and see the art and smile. Thanks, Maddie Moo for spending the day with me and helping Momma to keep her focus on the positive side of things...life and living :)






Like this post? Vote for me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

*smile* Nonna

Our 365 Days said...

aww well it looks like you guys had a fun due date day! I know how you feel, my 3yr old was 1 week late... and decided to make his appearance on the day that Thanksgiving happened to fall on that year!!

Shanan, The Book Addict said...

My daughter came a couple of days after her due date--and I worked the day she was due. I worked until the day of my scheduled induction...at which point she decided to come all on her own. She has been messing with my carefully laid plans ever since. :)

BTW I love your tagline. It is so true!

Shanan
http://yogi-mommy.blogspot.com

Mya Maternity said...

Looks like you had a productive day. I love the artwork!!

http://MyaMaternity.Blogspot.com