Sunday, March 24, 2013

Mamavation Monday: A 10K? Why Not!

Mamavation MondaysSo, a couple of weeks ago I completed my first 5k of 2013 and I LOVED IT! I ran at my local track and even though running outside is so much harder than running on the treadmill, I loved the feel of being under the sunshine. So, it's time to take my running back outside and enjoy the benefits of road running. :)

I found a great app, the 5K to 10K app from Active.com. It actually offers four different types of trainers to run you through the program. It's 9 weeks and pretty much picks up with running for 20 minutes. It also teaches different running speeds to help build endurance and strength. I'm really excited about giving it a go and look forward to finishing it up in a couple of months.

Also, on the home front, we are currently looking into buying a house. The place we are in now belongs to my in laws, and even though we had initially intended to buy this house, 6 years later we realize it's time to move on and find our own place. 

And, speaking of new places, it looks as if I'll be calling a new school my home this coming August. I'm still waiting on some paper work to be completed, but after that, I should hear the official word on the position.

Right now is a very exciting time for my family and I. And, I almost lost touch with my workouts when this all began. I almost let the stress of moving {homes and job} to get me down, but rather than retreat as I've done in the past, I've made a pledge to workout until I move myself into our new home. The workouts will keep my mind and body busy while we wait for it all to go through.

Happy time, ya'll. Happy times!


Like this post? Vote for me! 

2 comments:

Martha said...

I love that about running. It gives me time to think. Lets know how the program works for you. I keep trying to start working towards more running but I am having lots of stops and starts. Keep up the good work!

Dee said...

Look forward to hearing a review of the app you mentioned. I'd love to find something that will work for me as I am trying to run more. Thanks!