Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Eat To Live: Day 2 Seeing Results!

I'm three pounds lighter than I was Friday. Yes, it may be water weight, but lord help, it's gone!

Today has been easier hunger wise. I started the day off with a steal oats, pineapple, and banana smoothie. It was thick and full of calories, right around 600 for 32 ounces. 

I then headed out for a run at a local park. It was boring. As I was leaving a woman approached me and commented on my running. She said, "you're doing good, working on your health and heart." I nodded, thanking her. She then wanted to offer more advice. It pretty much went that I should accept my size, love myself, and focus on health rather than trying to lose weight because, like she put it, "some of us are genetically larger than others."
Nope, sorry, Lady, I don't agree with you. Yes, I need to love myself. And yes, I do need to focus on my health, but I've been 130 pounds and I know I can be there again. I may never be petite simply by my height, but I refuse to believe that I can't lose weight simply because of my DNA, science says otherwise. I SAY OTHERWISE. 

On a more positive note, I headed then to pick up some more greens from the grocery store. The guy stocking the area complimented me on loading up on such healthy foods. I smiled and thanked him. 

Today's Food:
Oats, pineapple, and banana smoothie
Peach
Kale and chickpea salad
Cooked collard, mustard, and turnip greens with leaks.
Mixed nuts

Symptoms: headache, irritability due to headache. :)

Day 2...DONE!
Like this post? Vote for me!

No comments: