Monday, January 27, 2014

Finding Time To Fit In Fitness

Never miss an update by Liking Carrigan's Joy on Facebook!
 
About 4 years my life changed forever when a friend of mine mentioned running a half marathon. Instantly, I fell in love with the idea and ran to my computer to Google running plans. I ran everyday for about 6 months straight, running a couple of 5k's within that time, always looking forward to running a long distance race. Well, life steps in and changes our priorities at times, but I've never given up on my dream of finishing a half marathon. :)
 
To me, fitness has become my way of staying sane. I feel more balaced physically and mentally when I work out. So, even though my workout plans and times may change due to situations that come up, I still try to set time aside for myself to move my body and sweat.
 
When I get to bed before 10:00 pm, I'm a morning workout gal, hitting the gym by 5:00 am. I love the morning workout because by mid afternoon, I've forgotten about that morning's run and I'm thinking of what workout I'll enjoy that evening...it's like getting a double shot of Starbucks for FREE! However, on those days that I need extra sleep, I make a mental note that I WILL get my workout in no matter what happens to come up when I get home in the evenings. Whether it be screaming kids, a messy house, or just my desire to sit on the couch, I know that if I didn't workout that morning then it's not an option to skip an evening workout, and, usually I'm happy to workout after dinner because it curbs my appetite and ensures I won't be tempted to snack before bed. :)
 
Overall, I'm happy to say fitness is permanently a part of my life now and I love sharing it with my family and hearing my kids talk about "working out" and "being fit". :)
 
Also, don't forget to check out the Mamavation Hangout tonight where we'll be chatting with the experts and other Mamavation Boot Camp 18 Moms on Fiting Fitness into Your Life!



Support this post by Voting for me and Pin It
 


banner

No comments: