Saturday, January 7, 2012

Something I Need Daily...


My first response is coffee. If I miss my one cup a day I end up with a headache come late afternoon. But then again, some may chime in and say at this point in my pregnancy if I miss my daily cry then I'm hacked up dead somewhere and someone needs to come find me. {I know, that was a gross thought, huh?}

But honestly, when I think long and hard about this statement the one thing that comes to me is family.  Something I need daily is family. I can't imagine working all day, giving all I have to my classroom, to a workout, to whatever, and not have the love I receive when my daughter hugs me.

Just yesterday Maddie came up to me and said, "excuse me... {that's her new saying} I want to sit in your lap." I pulled up her and she immediately said, "thank you, Momma, I like you. I love you. I like you." Wow, really? You like me? Love is definitely important and comforting but to be liked is something different, even more in my book.

I don't even want to imagine what my life would be like without each and every one of my unique kids. They are at such different points in their lives right now and I am so touched to be a part of their lives; I'm so touched when Jeremy wants to watch tv with me or put in his dance CD so I can watch him {and laugh} :). I smile every time Austin calls me or simply shows up for a visit, and I love being Maddie's Momma. Yep, it's settled, the one and only thing I need daily is the interaction, the connection, and relationships I have with my kids.

And speaking of which, it's time for my coffee....

Like this post? Vote for me!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautifully said - karen

Ashley said...

Awesome. Beautifully said. :)

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

Very sweet and definitely a daily need in my book, too :-)

Ashley S said...

How sweet! Stopping by Blog Dare 2012 :)

Imelda @ Husband, 4 boys, et. al said...

Yeah. Life is empty without family. :-)

I am following from the Blog Dare. :-) I hope you can visit my page when you have the chance.

LuAnn @ BackPorchervations said...

New follower from Blog Dare. Beautifully worded. Makes me want to go hug my kids. :O)

Our 365 Days said...

great post!! I couldn't agree more! Family makes everything else all worth it doesn't it?

Bobbie said...

I am hopping over from the blog dare! Great post!! I can't wait to start :)
http://tilwewriteagain.blogspot.com

Mya Maternity said...

That is so beautiful. Life definitely wouldn't be the same without family.

http://myamaternity.blogspot.com/